Join us next Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6pm PST for Week 2 of class, during which we will focus on the NECK!
Shikohin’s first facial yoga class took place on Tuesday, June 14, 2022. Facial Yoga is a natural way of looking and feeling younger and healthier with the added benefit of promoting relaxation and well-being. It's a combination of face exercises, face massage, face depuffing, face acupressure and face relaxation. It focuses on holistic well-being techniques for the mind, body and spirit.
These transformation photos of our facial yoga coach, Yukari, and one of her students were taken just four months apart.
As you can see, you can "reverse aging" naturally by simply exercising and massaging your face.You can train your facial muscles to look 10 years younger! Also, by moving your face muscles and smiling, it sends signals to your brain and recent studies have shown that this can benefit your emotional state as well. By learning some of the poses, you will learn a free, easy, and sustainable way to maintain your beauty and also bring out your most radiant smile!
Class 1 Recap
Warm Up | SHUU PA POSE
- Inhale deeply through the nose and make a forceful “shhh” sound while exhaling, scrunching the face together as tightly as you can.
- Once you’ve fully let all the air out, spread your face as wide as you can in one explosive movement, making a “pah!” sound and opening your eyes wide in an expression of surprise.
- For this pose, you will breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Practice this pose 3-5 times.
- Close your eyes and feel your muscles settle
WEEK 1 THEME: EYES
Pose 1 | WIPER POSE
- For this pose, move your eyes like a windshield wiper by tracing the contours of your eyelids with your eyeballs.
- Start by looking at the upper left hand corner and slowly move your eyes in an arch to the upper right hand corner. This uses the small muscles of the upper and lower eyelids.
- Keep the face in the same position, set the eyes diagonally up and move your eyeballs from side to side for 3 to 5 rounds. Move your eyes back to the original position and close your eyes as you feel the muscles you have worked settling.
- This WIPER pose is effective in preventing sagging eyes.
Pose 2 |CAT EYE POSE
- Keep shoulders and neck relaxed.
- Hold the forehead with both hands. Place the pinky fingers on your eyebrows to prevent the brow muscles from moving.
- Inhale as you open your eyes wide. Make sure to use your eye muscles and NOT your brow muscles.
- Exhale as you close your eyes using the lower eyelid muscles, looking like a cat’s eye when they are falling asleep.
Cool Down Pose |SCREAM POSE
- The key with this pose is to not put too much tension in your mouth while making a slender 0 shape with your mouth.
- Use a mirror or a phone in selfie mode and raise the mirror or phone slowly over your head, following your reflection with your gaze.
- Hold your face still and your mouth in a slender 0 shape, and raise your gaze while following the mirror with your eyes.
- *Keep your face in the same position, just move your eyes. *
- The muscles around the eyes are strengthened by the opposing force of your mouth going down in the slender 0 position and your eyes going up as you raise your gaze to follow your mirror or selfie.
- This is effective in preventing sagging of the upper and lower eyelids and cooling down the muscles that were used.
ATTEND & EARN
If you attended our live session, check your email to earn a unique collectible Shikohin NFT (non-fungible token) for each class.
Collect every Shikohin Face Yoga NFT for a chance to win free rewards and gifts at the end of the series!